Thursday, July 19, 2018

There's always something to be thankful for.

It's been a while.  It's been an eventful year.  My son passed away a year ago.  I'm just beginning to get my bearings back. My life.  Parents are not meant to bury their children.  My heart is shattered. 💔

Over the years, I've come to see addiction as a separate entity.  She is a jealous lover, and she wants everything. 


I was at a meeting once and someone said, "I know while I'm in this chair, my disease is in the corner doing push-ups". That's how I see her. She thinks she took my son, but the jokes on her.  Because he's in the arms of a loving God and he is finally at peace.  She can't touch him any more.  And I will not allow her to use his death to get me. 


So, while there's a part of me that will always be in pain, I can still find many things to be grateful for in my life.  My husband, the love of my life - we'll be married 43 years next month.💑 My grandkids, ages 13 and 5 are a special blessing.  My beautiful daughter-in-law whom I love as if I gave birth to her. 


There is always something to be thankful for.

No comments: